Does anything say I love you better than a plateful of Chocolate Chip cookies??? The kids and man of the house coming into the wonderful smell of freshly baking cookies makes them feel the love and their excitement to get a hot cookie lets me know how happy they are.
Pick up a package of chocolate chip cookies in the store and read the ingredients. It is SCARY!! I have no idea what half of the ingredients are. So I refuse to buy them. These cookies above are made using the original Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookie recipe except I use Whole Wheat White Flour in place of regular white flour. No one can tell the difference but I know they are a tad bit better for them!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or whatever flour you choose like whole wheat white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (I add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder for a thicker cookie when baking)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I omit the salt but you can add it if you like)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels or any other semi sweet chip
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. This makes 56 cookies if you make about a teaspoon size drop of dough (and your children have taken a few fingerfuls of the dough)
Keep a bag of chocolate chips in your house stocked all the time as these are so easy to whip up and you can spread the love also!!