We love this easy chocolate cake recipe. I always bake it in 2 pans (round or 8×8) as one will get frosted and the other will not because my crazy daughter does not like frosting.
I try to bake on the weekends and fit it in while preparing a meal. This past weekend I made the macaroni salad while making chocolate chip cookies and last night I made chocolate cake for dessert for the week while grilling pork tenderloin. It’s called “multi task cooking”.
I have used many variations of flour and sweetener in this recipe and it always tastes fabulous.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat white flour or half almond flour etc.)
- 3/4 cup cocoa p0wder (I use the Hershey’s brand but whatever cocoa powder is fine)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely and frost or leave plain.
This is also very good served with ice cream or make a quick batch of whip cream with heavy cream and serve on top. YUM!!