That’s correct—4 INGREDIENTS!! 1 cup peanut butter / 1 cup sugar / 1 egg / 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Typical scene…my daughter runs in from school and says “mom, I forgot for the National Elementary Honor Society talent show tomorrow I need to make peanut butter cookies for the bake sale”. So let’s see, we have voice lessons, hockey, barn chores, dinner, homework and somewhere we have to fit in making cookies now. Plus I was out of eggs but luckily there were 3 in the coop!!
This is from a link I shared a while back called 33 Genius Three Ingredient Recipes ( http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/genius-three-ingredient-recipes )
We added chocolate chips so it was 4 ingredients. We also doubled the recipe. I was very skeptical as I make a mean peanut butter cookie but use many more ingredients, take more time and use a few more dishes. This recipe was genius for me tonight!!! Mine are not gluten free and BONUS…these are!!
The recipe is under the link above. Great recipe, easy, hassle free, fast and mighty darn tasty!!!
I rolled the cookies into “walnut” size balls and my daughter pressed them for the criss cross. This made 59 cookies total. We baked them for exactly 12 minutes each.
Looking for the perfect healthy cookie?? Look no further…this is a homerun for sure!!
My mother made these cookies. The neighbor kids were here with my 2 children. They ate this entire container and never knew these were gluten and grain free. They are that good!!
I do not have a food processor so my mother used my blender to make these which was not as easy to break down the chickpeas. We had to do it in batches but they came out perfect. Simple, healthy, full of good things and oooh so good. I am going to make another batch as these will be gone by tomorrow night for sure!!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegan mini-chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes, dough should be smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes about 22-24 cookies