Looking for the perfect healthy cookie?? Look no further…this is a homerun for sure!!
My mother made these cookies. The neighbor kids were here with my 2 children. They ate this entire container and never knew these were gluten and grain free. They are that good!!
I do not have a food processor so my mother used my blender to make these which was not as easy to break down the chickpeas. We had to do it in batches but they came out perfect. Simple, healthy, full of good things and oooh so good. I am going to make another batch as these will be gone by tomorrow night for sure!!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegan mini-chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes, dough should be smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes about 22-24 cookies